Dr VISHNU PARANTHAMAN
Post Doc - Systems Modeller
Sustainable Agriculture Sciences
Vishnu Vardhan Paranthaman received his BTech in Information Technology from Rajalakshmi Engineering College, India, in 2010, MSc in Computer Networks Management and PhD in Wireless Communications at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Middlesex (MDX) University in 2013 and 2018 respectively. He also worked as a Research Assistant at Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS) research group at MDX and later as a Project Research Engineer for deploying Connected Vehicle testbeds, funded by UK Department for Transport (DfT). Currently, he is a post-doctoral fellow at Rothamsted Research, UK and the role is to develop a cloud-based SPACSYS simulation application service called VizAg for farmers to predict the crop yield. His research interests include Internet of Things (IoT), Intelligent Transport System (ITS), 5G Networks and Mobile Cloud Platforms.
• VizAg, Post Doc - A cloud-based SPACSYS simulation application service for farmers to predict the crop yield been developed at Rothamsted Research (Jan 2019 - Present)
• Eboracum Project, Project Engineer - Funded by City of York Council (COYC) to deploy an Cooperative Intelligent Transport System (C-ITS) heterogenious wireless communication network testbed at York (Jan 2018 - Dec 2018)
• Central London Testbed Project (CLTP Project), Research Assistant - Funded by Department for Transport (DfT) to deploy an Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) wireless communication network testbed at Kings College London (KCL) (Oct 2016 - Dec 2017).
• T-TRIG Award Project, Research Assistant - Funded by Department for Transport (DfT) to deploy an Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) wireless communication network testbed at Middlesex University (MDX) and A41 road (Jun 2015 - Jan 2016).
- PhD in Wireless Communications, 2018
- MSc in Computer Network Management, 2013
MEASURES OF ESTEEM
• General Chair - International Workshop on Intelligent Systems: Communications, Computing and Networks In conjunction with the 19th IEEE International Conference on Scalable Computing and Communications (ScalCom 2019), Leicester, UK, 19-23 August, 2019
• Technical Program Committee member - 26th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), Ha Noi, Vietnam, 8-10 April, 2019.
• Research collaborator - Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) lab at Birmingham City University (BCU) (2016 – Present)
• Research collaborator – Vehicular Ad-hoc Networking (VANET) lab at Middlesex University (MDX) (2014 – Present)