Head of Legal
Swatee Jasoria is the Head of Legal at Rothamsted Research and provides legal advice and support to all areas of the organisation. Swatee is a dual qualified lawyer in England and Wales and United States (New York) with previous experience in various commercial, litigation and intellectual property law matters.
Her work experience includes practice at top law firms and at prestigious universities in the UK and US. Swatee joined Rothamsted in February 2018, having been Co-founder and Associate Dean of Professional Development of UK’s newest University, New College of the Humanities.
Swatee publishes a variety of articles in various international magazines and national newspapers. Swatee is also Non-Executive Director of Advance Charity in London.
- Juris Doctor, May 2006, Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Diploma in Web Programming, The Chubb Institute, New York, USA
- MA Biotechnology, Law & Ethics, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
- BSc (Hon) Genetics, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
- New York Bar Admission: New York State (admitted January 2008) Solicitors Regulation Authority Admission: Solicitor in England and Wales (November 2019)