Dr SAJEEV ERANGU PURATH MOHANKUMAR
Agricultural Systems Modeller
Sustainable Agriculture Sciences
Sajeev is an agricultural systems modeller simulating productivity and environmental impacts of cropping and livestock systems. His research focuses on developing decision-making tools that can identify strategies to maintain/increase agricultural production while reducing environmental impacts.
Sajeev has an extensive background in agriculture having studied and worked in India, United States, Austria, Germany, and the UK. This has given him knowledge of cutting edge agricultural research and an understanding of agricultural production systems around the world. Being a part of interdisciplinary programs and international institutes, he has actively collaborated with academics, stakeholders, and policymakers.
Sajeev also has a strong inclination toward venture creation, entrepreneurship, and science communication. He has participated and won numerous pitching events, raised investor funding, co-designed a climate change exhibition, and is the co-founder of a climate change blog.
- 2009 - Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, India
- 2012 - Master of Engineering in Industrial Ecology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
- 2014 - Master of Science in Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
- 2018 - PhD in Environmental System Sciences, University of Graz, Austria
MEASURES OF ESTEEM
- Shaping Horizons Future Leader, Cambridge, UK, 2019
- Recipient of the National Productivity Investment Fund, BBSRC, UK, 2019
- Selected start-up team part of the EIT-Food SeedBed Accelerator Programme, 2019
- Runner up. Venture Creation Weekend, Cambridge Judge Business School, Cambridge, UK, 2019
- Winning pitch. BASF Agricultural Sustainability Challenge, Limburgerhof, Germany, 2019
- Cultivator award. National Farm Foundation Roundtable, Houston, USA, 2014