Dr MALCOLM HAWKESFORD
Head of Plant Sciences; Designing Future Wheat (ISP) Leader
Malcolm is Head of Plant Sciences and leads the Institute Strategic Programme, Designing Future Wheat. He has published widely on the biochemistry and molecular biology of plant nutrition and is internationally recognised for contributions in the field of plant nutrition, particularly with regard to nitrogen and sulphur. He also leads the field phenotyping project at Rothamsted Research.
- 2017Editor(s): De Kok, L. J.,Hawkesford, M. J.,Haneklaus, S. H.,Schnug, E.Proceedings of the International Plant Sulfur Workshop 10th International Workshop on Sulfur Metabolism in Plants, Goslar, Germany, 2015Springer
doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-56526-2 ISBN: 9783319565262
Nutrient use efficiency in plants: concepts and approaches
Molecular and physiological basis of nutrient use efficiency in crops
- 2005Editor(s): Rennenberg, H.
Sulfur transport and assimilation in plants in the postgenomic era
- 2003Editor(s): Rennenberg, H.
Sufur transport and assimilation in plants: regulation, interaction and signaling
- 2001Editor(s): Hawkesford, M. J.,Buchner, P. H.
Molecular analysis of plant adaptation to the environment
- Designing Future Wheat (DFW)
- Wheat Improvement Strategic Programme (WISP) Prebreeding extension
- Wheat Genetic Improvement Network (WGIN)
- IWYP Realising increased photosynthetic efficiency to increase wheat yields
- CP 3.1 – Phenotyping and genotyping photosynthetic traits of the Hereford x Player mapping population
- NUCLEUS: a virtual joint centre to deliver enhanced Nitrogen Use effiCiency via an integrated soiL-plant systEms approach for the Uk & BraSil (NEWTON FUND)
- Indo-UK Centre for the improvement of Nitrogen use Efficiency in Wheat (NEWTON FUND)
- The relationships between genotype, yield and environmental factors on protein distribution in the wheat endosperm
- 1979 - BSc (Hons) University of Liverpool, UK
- 1982 - PhD in Science, Dundee University, UK
MEASURES OF ESTEEM
- International committee member for Plant Sulfur workshop series
- Chair of Wheat initiative EWG-NUE
- Editorial board Plant Biology Journal and BMC Plant Biology
- Advisory board Journal Experimental Botany, member of DFG (Germany) grants panel on nutrient ecophysiology