Dr ARANZAZU LOURO-LOPEZ
Scientific Technician: Animal Nutrition
Computational and Analytical Sciences
Aranzazu is interested in the cycling of carbon and nitrogen in agricultural soils, and how it can be managed to maintaining high productivity whilst also reduce environmental issues.
She was awarded with a grant by National Institute for Agricultural and Food Research and Technology to conduct her PhD in Environmental Science. She investigated and evaluated the impact of the agricultural practices for dairy farming on losses of GHG from soils under the Atlantic climatic conditions in NW Spain, to make recommendations for practices that reduce emissions and increase crop yields. Following her PhD, she worked at Lancaster University testing a new directional passive air sampler, which was designed for sampling fugitive pollutants.
Aranzazu has recently joined the animal nutrition laboratory at North Wyke and she is currently focused in the development of calibration equations to predict key nutritional parameters in ruminant feed using the Near Infra-red Reflectance Spectroscopy (NIRS).
- ERDF -Multi-species Swards via Cornwall Agri-tech(TOMS)
- ERDF: Environmental Impact of Cell Grazing
- 2015. PhD Environmental Science. Santiago de Compostela University, Spain
- 2009. Msc Environmental and Fundamental Chemistry. A Coruña University, Spain.
- 2007. Bsc (Hons) Food Science and Technology. Santiago de Compostela University, Spain.
- 2004. BEng (Hons) Agricultural and Food Industries. Santiago de Compostela University, Spain.