Senior Bioinformatics Engineer
Computational and Analytical Sciences
Ajit joined the genomics and bioinformatics cluster at Rothamsted in 2014. As Senior Bioinformatics Engineer, he is involved in the development of data integration tools for Ondex (http://www.ondex.org/index.shtml), the data mining and integration platform developed at Rothamsted and building novel data visualization components for KnetMiner (http://knetminer.rothamsted.ac.uk/), a web application for candidate gene discovery and interactive visualization of heterogeneous gene, QTL, SNP and GWAS data.
Since 2015, Ajit has also worked on the development of tool wrappers, workflows and indexes within the Galaxy bioinformatics analysis platform (http://galaxy-rres.rothamsted.ac.uk:8080/) used at Rothamsted, Galaxy administration and maintenance, set-up of Interactive Enviroments (Jupyter, RStudio and iPython) using Docker containers in Galaxy, and the development and delivery of regular hands-on training (on Galaxy, KnetMiner, Ondex and version control) at various internal courses and external workshops.
He is also involved in a collaboration to develop Genomaps (https://knetminer.rothamsted.ac.uk/GenoMaps/), an interactive web-based tool to visualize gene, QTL, SNP and GWAS data. Additionally, Ajit is part of an InnovateUK project to integrate KnetMiner and related Ondex components within the Genestack cloud-based bioinformatics platform and working with AWS and Docker for KnetMiner deployment.
- DiseaseNetMiner- A novel tool for mining integrated biological networks of host and pathogen interaction
- Cloud-based Multiomics Network Mining for Complex Crop Traits
- Data and Resources for African Soils
- 2011 - MSc in Internet and Distributed Systems Technologies, Durham University, UK
- 2010 - Bachelor's in Computer Applications, MITSOM College, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, India