SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS CHALLENGE
The Impact Lab hosts a series of themed challenges, connecting innovative enterprises and academic experts to develop sustainable & viable solutions to address environmental and big data challenges facing the world today. This is a full-day event that includes lunch and refreshments. You will learn about and address the challenge of maintaining Sustainable Food Systems, which are threatened by climate change and meeting the nutritional needs of society.
During the day, we will cover the following themes:
- Improving sustainable food production
- Encouraging and enabling people to eat a healthy, sustainable diet
- Developing Interventions to address the double burden of malnutrition
- Developing a resilient and economically sustainable food system
- Reducing the food carbon foot print- greenhouse gas emissions
- Reducing, reusing and reprocessing waste
- Developing solutions through new skills, knowledge and technology
The event is hosted by Rothamsted Research (one of the seven Impact Lab partners), at the North Wyke "Farm Platform" - one of the most instrumented farms in the world. The event includes a tour of the facilities.