GREENER PASTURES – A ROTATIONAL GRAZING INNOVATION WEBINAR
Join the discussion with James Daniel, a grazing management specialist working with farmers across the country and Dr Sarah Morgan from the world renowned agricultural research institute Rothamsted Research. These leaders in their fields will be debating rotational grazing and what difference it makes to your land, pocket, customer and the environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity to learn more about current "grassroots" research which is examining the environmental impacts, animal welfare implications and production gains of a rotational grazing management system vs set stocking. This will be an informative webinar discussing the three year ‘Cell Grazing’ experiment located at Rothamsted Research (North Wyke) in Devon from the perspectives of a scientist, an advisor and what it means to farmers on the ground.
- Why was the research needed? Areas to be examined and their impact for industry
- Setting up of the system – first grazing season – challenges and successes
- Change takes time – second & third grazing seasons – refinement (and rain!)
- Production gains – pasture, lbs and profit
- Settling the sustainability scales – environmental impacts (initial results)
- Animal welfare – methadologies and new solutions for grazing cattle welfare monitoring
- Quality over kilos – meat analysis (early results)
- Q & A session