THE 23RD BIANNUAL INTERNATIONAL PLANT RESISTANCE TO INSECTS SYMPOSIUM
7th March 2018
9th March 2018
9.00 am to 5.00 pm
RoCRE, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ
15th November 2017 (Scroll to Programme below to Register)
Research & Innovation
£275 plus VAT
closing date for registration and abstract submission is 15th november 2017
The 23rd Biannual International Plant Resistance to Insects Symposium will be held at Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom on the 7th – 9th of March 2018.
This conference will explore areas of host plant resistance to insects from major angles: novel phenotyping methodologies for field and laboratory; plant resistance to insects in model and crop systems; resistance mechanisms; and breeding for resistance.
Registration & PROGRAMME
The closing date for registrations is 15th November 2017.
Registration includes: attendance at the meeting; refreshment breaks; lunches; a Conference dinner on Wednesday 7th March; a copy of abstracts; and transport to and from accommodation if staying at the Aubrey Park Hotel.
The event is likely to be oversubscribed and places are allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Cost: £275.00 plus VAT.
Submit an Oral or Poster Presentation
Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com. Before submitting an abstract you will need to register for the meeting.
Guidelines for abstracts:
• Abstracts should be submitted in Times New Roman font, 12 points, single space
• Title: bold, lower case
• Authors: lower case, presenting author first (format: first name, middle initials, last name)
• Institutional affiliations: lower case, including department, institution, and city, state or province, country. For multiple institutions, use numbering to indicate author affiliation.
• Email address: for corresponding author
• Main text: the text of abstracts should not exceed 250 words, and should not contain tables or figures
Sessions will cover the topics of:
1. Novel methodologies for assessing plant and pest phenotypes in field and laboratory
2. Plant resistance in model and crop systems – underlying mechanisms
3. Emerging challenges in insect-plant resistance management
4. Insect responses and resilience against plant based control options
5. Plant breeding for insect resistance and genetics analyses
A draft programme schedule for the three days can be downloaded here.
- We have a negotiated conference rate of £81.00 bed and breakfast at the Aubrey Park Hotel . Please quote IPR070318 or mention International Plant Resistance to Insects Symposium when making the booking. Bookings can only be made by phone (+44 (0)1582 792 105) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The code cannot be used for on-line bookings. Transport to and from hotel will only be provided for those staying at the Aubrey Park.
- Other local hotels that can be booked include:
Hampton by Hilton
As an integral part of the Rothamsted Centre for Research and Enterprise, the Rothamsted Conference Centre is uniquely situated to host international science events and provide you with exciting opportunities to broaden your network of collaborative partners in agricultural science.
The purpose built centre provides an extensive range of first class facilities. Serviced by excellent transport links, just 10 minutes from London Luton International Airport and 25 minutes from London St Pancras International, the Rothamsted Conference Centre has outstanding facilities providing the perfect environment to host a range of events from world-class collaborative occasions for academic bodies and multinational industries to promotional events and conferences. http://www.rocre-rothamsted.com/conferencing