The Rothamsted Research Association (RRA) is the members' association of the world-renowned Rothamsted Research.
The primary objective of RRA is two-way knowledge transfer. RRA seeks to forge and sustain beneficial links between scientists and those involved in the diverse practices of agricultural, environmental and other land management businesses.
RRA is a charity operating independently from Rothamsted Research and is managed by a Board of Directors representing a cross-section of interests, predominantly elected from the membership.
Rothamsted Research is funded strategically by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) and also conducts research with funding from Defra, and other departments of UK government, UK levy bodies, the EU and the agricultural supply sector.
What's in it for you?
- Privileged access to the latest developments in agricultural research
- Interactive workshops and technical demonstrations on targeted research topics
- Access to exclusive member's pages at this website
- Literature including the Rothamsted Research Annual Report and RRA Newsletters
- Enabling members to gain advance insight into current research thinking and future developments
Rothamsted Research activities include:
- Crop nutrition and soil science
- Crop genetic improvement and biotechnology
- Optimised pest, disease and weed management
- New crops and crop products
- Integrated crop management practices
- Wildlife habitat management in farmland
- Ecological interactions in agricultural systems