JANET Roaming Wireless Service within the BBSRC
As defined on the Janet Roaming website, the JANET Roaming Service (JRS) allows visitors from any participating organisation to use credentials provided by their Home organisation to gain network access at a Visited organisation.
Rothamsted Research complies with both the Home and Visited JRS requirements and this service is available at the Rothamsted and North Wyke sites. Additional information on Rothamsted Research can be found on the Rothamsted website. Technical details required to make use of JRS within Rothamsted Research are shown below:
- JRS tiers supported: JRS2 and JRS3
- Security protocol support: WPA2
- Cipher support: AES
- SSID: eduroam
JRS users requiring support should contact their own site IT staff for assistance.
Rothamsted Research JRS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Users will adhere to the JANET acceptable use policy.
- Users will adhere to the JANET roaming policy.
- Users will make sure that they keep Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware software up to date on their clients, using the facilities provided by their home site where applicable.
- Users will not attempt to make use of P2P software.
- Users will ensure that they adhere to the AUP of their own organisation.
- Only ports/protocols required to support JRS (as detailed on the JRS website) will be permitted.
- Should users require IT support their point of contact will be their own site IT staff.